Upscale high-rise 158-unit condominium in Chevy Chase, MD, seeking a seasoned General Manager. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in luxury condominium management, capital project management, and budgeting and long-range Reserve/cash flow projections; strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong leadership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
24/7 responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the facility, with direct supervision of all association employees as well as contract employees, including contract engineering staff
- Support Board of Directors and Committees with fact-finding research and historical data to support recommendations and decisions
- Implement Board decisions and administer services, programs, operations and rules of the association
- Prepare and manage annual budget and cash flow
- Manage Reserve projects -- preparation of RFPs, bid reviews, contract award and oversite of projects
- Provide the Board with monthly financial statement review
- Prepare monthly Board Meeting package and distribute prior to Board Meetings; attend all Board Meetings, and Committee Meetings as required
- Prepare all aspects of, and attend, Annual Association Meeting
- Manage Accounts Payable to insure accurate and timely payment of invoices
- Monitor assessment receivables and address any delinquencies
- Human Resource management -- hiring, training, coaching and counseling; maintain accurate personnel files on all association employees
- Oversee preparation of bi-weekly payroll
- Manage any property/liability insurance claims and workers’ compensation claims
- Prepare incident reports concerning events that could result in liability to the association including employee accidents
- Respond to all resident requests
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships and advise Board on contract renewals
- Serve as point of contact for financial management company
- Interact and consult with general managers of community management association and two other residential condominium associations that share common areas (grounds and clubhouse, including athletic facilities) and the responsibility for their maintenance and security.
General Manager is an employee of the association and reports to the President and the Board of Directors. General Manager is an exempt, salaried employee and will work the hours required to fulfill the obligations of the position, generally 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with some flexibility.
Excellent health benefits and 401(k) program available. Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit resume with cover letter and salary history.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts