Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to millions and millions of customers? Could you assume financial responsibility that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as a Loss Prevention Intern—opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As a Loss Prevention Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by leading the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection (to include people, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) in a designated fulfillment center (FC). The Loss Prevention Intern is a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention organization, reports to the Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their facility and aids them in supporting the FC Operational team. The Loss Prevention Intern will also assist the cross functional teams within the site including Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Audit, Security Services-Retail/CS/Corp, WW Physical Security Systems and Design, and Inventory Control Quality Assurance.
The Loss Prevention Specialist Intern’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of the Loss Prevention team in the implementation of standardized, cost effective and efficient security services program for their assigned FC(s). This will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, the protection of the FC’s employees and visitors and improvements to non-security department related productivity such as business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow, etc. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019-June 2020
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2019
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Locations are nationwide
- The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle, WA
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation):
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to your area are fulfilled.
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud.
- Manage access controls within the assigned FC to reduce the risk of unauthorized data access.
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members.
- Align performance and actions with and clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and the department.
- Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model.
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency.
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC.
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives.
- Coordinate data collection through database polling or data entry from multiple FCs and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
- Working towards a degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Asset Protection, or other related field
- Experience implementing best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques.
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services.
- Familiarity with dbases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, Access, etc.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification.
- Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Interest in a career in Operations/Supply Chain Management.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age