Director, Experience Strategy
SapientRazorfish is looking for entrepreneurial minds that have the courage to reimagine the future of customer experiences and what it means to help our clients thrive in a connected world. If you have an optimism that says there is no limit to what we can achieve in a time inviting those with vision to shake things up, then we should talk. Our inter-disciplinary teams collaborate to connect thinking, challenge boundaries, and explore the power of digital in redefining the future. Our people thrive because of the belief that it’s both our privilege and responsibility to usher our clients and the world into what is next. We are seeking those who question the status quo, are inherently customer obsessed and want to reimagine the way the world works while realizing a smarter way for business to help – all in service of improving the daily lives of people, the world, your career.
Director, Experience Strategy
SapientRazorfish is searching for a Director of “Experience Strategy” to join our East coast team to sell, design and lead strategy engagements that lead to innovative and connected offerings for our clients and their customers. This role will participate in all phases of strategy, from context framing to the development of roadmaps and design, and ongoing consultation. This role will also support local leadership in the Experience Strategy discipline.
· Cultivate and grow client business; drive thought leadership and be the champion for customer insights and strategy with clients and internal teams
· Provide senior-level consulting, planning, and leadership of experience strategy projects
· Articulate and frame a client’s business problem and the business value of recommendations, initiatives, solutions and/or phases of a strategic roadmap
· Define the value web/ecosystem which best frames client problems and opportunities from the perspective of customers/partners
· Leverage a breadth of experience in business strategy, customer insight, market insight, product and/or service design and technology into actionable experience strategy and execution that will delight and serve customers
· Advocate customers and the “experience” in conversations with cross-disciplinary teams, company leaders and analysts to grow the influence of experience thinking
· Participate in developing new business, identify organic growth opportunities within projects and existing client relationships
· Synthesize information quickly, and apply this deftly through a combination of wisdom, foresight, and experience
· Facilitate meetings, working sessions and workshops with sensitivity to client and team needs
· Ability to show the traceability and clear shaping of observations into actionable insights and implications for our clients
· Adaptability to lead strategic engagements that involve shaping a customer experience strategy through the deep analysis and understanding of generative research as well as ‘lean’ or hypothesis led approaches that use the principles of design thinking to build strategies through continuous prototyping and refinement of a value proposition
· Manage key tracks of work (including other individuals) in accordance with established budget, work plans and quality standards while demonstrating measurable value and ROI and satisfaction for the client
· Collaborate with clients and internal partners to generate ideas, products and strategies that utilize innovative technology, emerging channels–web, mobile, social, chat, kiosk, etc. – to compliment traditional channels
· Contribute to thought leadership internally in the form of practice development with the global Experience Strategy discipline; participate in local leadership and the development and ongoing improvement of offerings such as Digital Product Innovation, Service design through industry presentations and publishing
· 12 + years of account and strategy experience with deep digital focus and expertise; 8+ years of leadership experience
· Experience working with global Tier 1 brands and clients across different categories
· Experience in retail or eCommerce, either at an agency or consulting firm, or at a retailer
· Led diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and fast-paced and globally diverse environments
· Expertise in disciplines of strategy; research a plus
· Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, a range of (digital) user experience methods and tools, e.g. Experience Mapping/Modeling, customer type creation, prioritization, roadmaps, business case development, etc.
· Highly proficient at experience modeling techniques; mapping the customer experience across their end-to-end journey and identifying critical moments that drive value to both the customer and the business
· Ability to inspire innovation and great work; oversee project implementation. Adopt a variety of approaches from ‘design-thinking’ to ‘lean-startup’ or ‘hunt-based’ methods.
· Comfortable working with UX colleagues to explore concepts and steward the clear direction of ‘experience prototypes’ to both learn via customer validation research and to inform the prioritization of a roadmap or Minimal Viable Product.
· Expertise in analysis of research (and research findings) and their use in driving qualified thinking, strategy development and briefing
· Proven ability to handle large-scale, complex systems projects
· Must be able to articulate design concepts, strategies and roadmaps clearly through exceptional oral and written communication skills; good presenter and great listener
· Successful record of developing relationships with clients, colleagues and partners
· Successful record of contributing to business development and revenue generation
· A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit with vision and leadership to help facilitate change within a team and the industry
· Travel required (30%)
· Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent military experience
· Master’s degree in design, marketing, business, social science or other relevant graduate degree is preferred
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, SapientRazorfish US is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.