The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – ZigBee you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms. Horizontally you will be given the opportunity to work on and own connectivity experiences across IoT Smart Home solutions including the Echo Plus.
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Smart Home connectivity team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases. This includes delivery and maintenance of an evolving feature rich, high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Implement high-quality network stack, framework and application features.
- Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
- Implement power management features
- Implement and provide testing facilities and tools for QA, HW and factory teams.
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize drive, stack and application code.
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
- Support compliance and certification activities.
- Be able to occasionally travel internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development in Mesh technology space (802.15.4) based technologies.
- 1+ years of experience of ZigBee development
- 1+ years of experience with driving products or platforms through ZigBee certification.
- 1+ years of experience of hands on debugging including capturing and analyzing stack logs and over the air “sniffer” logs.
- 1+ years of experience in one or more specific technical areas such as Audio, WiFi, Bluetooth, Thread, device interfaces (SDIO, I2S, I2C, USB, UART, SPI,PCM), filesystems, system performance and profiling.
- 1+ years of experience in ZigBee specifications and standards with knowledge of open source or proprietary stacks.
- 5+ years of experience writing Linux kernel (.drivers or core)
- Experience reading schematics
- Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope and logic analyzer
- Experience programming with java/C/ C++/ C#
- Scripting experience with Perl/Python/Tcl
- Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows
- Experience with Home Automation product development
- Thread protocol stack development experience
- Thread application framework solution layer experience
- BLE Mesh development experience
- Android application, Framework and JNI development experience.
- Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance.
- Data analysis and debugging skills
- Master’s degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Linux on ARM CPUs
- JTAG experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Software development: firmware, IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Application development experience
- Factory experience
- Experience with other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Thread, LTE
- Experience with wireless coexistence between Bluetooth, LTE, ZigBee,Thread,Wi-Fi
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation