Department: Ag Data Global, Inc., Human Resources
Job Status: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 40-50%; or as required for the job and up to a week at a time
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday; weekends, evenings as needed
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist are to perform HR related duties in a professional level and work closely with senior human resources management in supporting the organization. As a Generalist, this position performs activities in the multiple HR functional areas, including but not limited to: benefits, employee relations, training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance. You will also be responsible for acquiring and maintaining company’s Federal, State and City Licenses for all entities.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software as needed.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities.
- Provide customer service, both in person and by telephone.
- Constantly keeping informed about Federal and State guidelines, and updating policies to reflect the guidelines.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Research, compile and analyze data for special personnel projects and reports.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars, as needed.
- Any and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions. Ability to inspire others to excel to positions of Leadership. Ability to communicate passion and importance of company, process and procedures
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Conflict Resolution Skills.
- Cultural Awareness.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent,
Field of Study: Human Resources
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in Human Resources Environment. General Office Equipment, MS Office, Technical Google & Google Apps., Social Media Savvy.
Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Familiarity with HR databases
- Hands-on experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekend work may be required from time to time and evening, as job duties demand.
- Up to 40-50% travel ability, or as required for the job and up to a week at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasionally climb stairs, upward and downward flexion of neck and extended periods of keyboard/mouse use. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and physical ability to work in a typical office setting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- English and Spanish fluently (Required)