What You Need to Know About this CDL Driver Job
CDL-B (or A) license is required for this position.
*Candidates without this qualification will not be considered.
Piggyback truck with Forklift experience is preferred!*
- Warehouse and CDL driver delivery position with a local branch of Lansing Building Products, a major national, exterior building products distributor.
- Your time will be split between the warehouse and helping with deliveries of siding, fiber cement, gutter and other exterior building products when needed.
- You drive both 26-foot box trucks and piggyback trucks with moffett forklifts.
- For loads on piggyback trucks, you unload with a moffett forklift. You must have forklift experience to qualify for this position.
- CDL Driver acts as a front-line Lansing representative, providing outstanding customer service to those to whom you deliver our products.
- When you are not driving, you work alongside other Lansing warehouse associates picking orders for customers and maintaining the warehouse.
More About Your Duties
- A CDL Driver's day usually begins around 7:30 a.m -- sometimes earlier -- and ends at approximately 4:30p.m. -- generally no weekend work (hours may vary by location)
- Your delivery duties are based on customer demand and business; at other times, you will be working in the warehouse loading and unloading trucks
- You will need to be professional and customer service oriented as you will interact with customers and/or crews at job sites
- You use a forklift as necessary to perform delivery and warehouse functions
- You provide exceptional service to each Lansing customer -- and you constantly strive to improve that service
- This is a "get-the-job-done" kind of position. You may be asked to perform other functions not particularly addressed in the posting, such as cycle counts, inventory, etc.
- On occasion, you may be asked to cover inside sales or other related branch functions.
- CDL-B license; Class A is acceptable, too
- CDL Driver must have a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently with efficiency and focus -- and to work as a contributing member of a larger team
- Ability and willingness to lift boxes and specific building materials weighing as much as 70 pounds
- Willingness to perform warehouse duties when not delivering products to our customers
- Experience with building products is very helpful
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong, positive attitude
- At least one year of driving experience
- Forklift certification and experience with a piggyback truck
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Industry leading 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Health and Wellness program
Overview of Lansing Building Products
- National "player" in the building products industry . . . headquartered in Richmond, VA . . . in business since 1955.
- Well-established across the country . . . 75+ locations in more than two dozen states.
- Impressive, top-quality product line . . . varies regionally, but usually includes such products as Mastic vinyl siding and accessories, Hardie fiber cement products, and regionally strong brands of windows and doors.
- Find out more about us at our website: www.lansingbp.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- driving a flatbed with moffet: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- clean driving record: 3 years (Required)
- loading/unloading trucks: 1 year (Required)