Our client, a non-profit organization that deals with education, is looking for a HR Assistant to assist with the implementation of services, policies, and programs. The HR Assistant reports to the HR Manager. In this position, the HR Assistant is responsible for all aspects in the areas of on-boarding, benefits, payroll, exiting staff, payroll and other projects. The perfect candidate needs to be customer service oriented and able to work on various projects simultaneously. This role is a temp-to-hire position.
- Process all new hire and existing employees’ paperwork.
- Function as the primary administrator of the commuter benefit program.
- Input basic new hire information into ADP system.
- Work with the external insurance vendors (health, workers comp. disability, FPL).
- Responsible for the reconciliation and timely payments of all benefit invoices, including quarterly audits.
- Answers employees basic HR questions.
- Assist Talent Acquisition Manager with job postings and employment applications.
- Handles tracking of various HR programs and projects.
- Updates Employee HR files and ensure they are compliant and in order.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in HR - basic knowledge of benefits and payroll administration
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Basic knowledge of ADP preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour