The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accredits and approves over 600 higher education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences. NAACLS is located in Rosemont, IL.
The Accounting Associate assists the Accountant in managing day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
The Accounting Associate reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred. The Associate degree or higher is required.
- Three years experience working in accounts payable and receivable and general ledger.
- Entry level knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Quickbooks, use of office equipment, and voice messaging systems.
- Skilled at multi-tasking.
- Reliable and committed to setting and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate clearly with staff members, volunteers, and education program officials.
- Ability to work independently within the scope assigned.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Associate performs a range of duties including:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Match purchase orders with invoices.
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management.
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts.
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances.
- Prepare and disseminate invoices as per established agency schedules.
- Assist the accountant with preparing monthly financial statements, audit requirements, and financial trending reports.
- Process expense reports, credit card payments, and transactions
- Effectively interact with NAACLS vendors, staff, volunteers, and program officials through mail, fax, email, and the Accounting Management System (AMS).
- Attend and participate in the annual in-person Board of Directors meeting.
- Assist staff in handling incoming telephone calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the chief executive officer
- Office coordinators work in an office environment.
- Office coordinators usually work a standard work week, from Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
- Travel to and participate in NAACLS Board of Directors meetings annually.
- Medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Vacation and sick leave consistent with the NAACLS Personnel Manual
- Optional 401k plan
- Tuition assistance at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- Quickbooks: 4 years
- Bookkeeping/Accounting: 4 years
Required work authorization: