FT? PT? Contract? Do you want something that will allow you the freedom and flexibility you want, but STILL feel like you're a major player in the game? We may just be what you're looking for! We are FLEXIBLE for the right candidate!
You may be a full-timer, a retiree that wants to stay in the working world at a medium-level, someone who's an expert but been out of the full-time working world for a while and just wants to get their foot back in the field PT, or any other person that JUST wants to tremendously impact a top growing business from the Financial Analytical aspect!
We are looking for a Financial Analyst comfortable using spreadsheets and statistical software packages to analyze financial data, spot trends, and develop forecasts. The successful team member will also be adept at making recommendations, writing reports and preparing and delivering presentations.
Are you able to identify trends in the business before anyone else - Do you enjoy translating information to the management team? If so, we’d like to meet with you.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Describe an insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management to drive business results.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Competencies
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Problem Solver
- Integrity as your foundation
- Motivated, self-starter
- Customer Focused
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong Technical Capacity
- Active Listener
- Critical thinking, written comprehension, interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications & Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA/MBA preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Must be proficient inMS Excel.
- Financial modelingexpertise preferred
- At least 3 year of experience working with areas necessary for a financial analyst
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- At least 3 years of experience working with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience working with financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Knowledgeable in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Financial Analysis: 3 years (Preferred)