Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides essential inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.
Correctional Health Services (CHS) Information Technology (IT) group supports the IT and operational activities of CHS by providing business analysis, project management, report programming, vendor relationship management and software support services. Computer Programmer Analyst, with considerable latitude for independent action and judgment, will analyze, design, build, publish, program, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and implement and maintain legacy reports, data based dashboards. Work on multiple projects independently and larger team based projects.
Position requires excellent T-SQL programming language skills (i.e. multiple joins, combining queries with set operators, scalar and aggregate functions, nested group aggregates, crosstabs, correlated subqueries, table variables, query optimization, stored procedures etc.} and experience with SSRS 2008 R2 or later. Experience programming using VS2010/2012/2013. Basic understanding of application security issues, experience with upgrading from Visual Studio 2008 projects to later versions.
- Code and design SSRS reports, data dashboards, retrieve Ad hoc data sets from EHR database for data sciences Team
- Collaborate in collecting to define functional requirements, document and contribute to technical design discussions
- Conduct code testing and remediation
- Provide estimates and plans for report initiatives as requests are obtained from different departments and company stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and support special projects needs simultaneously.
- Use optimized SQL server queries to efficiently and quickly retrieve data. Work with the Reporting Team Lead on different methods of SSRS query design and to find solutions that meet the requestors needs.
- Create and design reports as best-practice solutions that support business reporting tasks. This will be achieved in using different programs and software, such as SSRS, Microsoft Excel, MS SQL Server, and other tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and self-manage, work well under pressure meeting tight deadlines and possess excellent interpersonal skills to work well with employees at all levels.
- Resolve and Troubleshoot Report and data issues reported by end-users or support desk.
- Maintain a record of different reporting processes in place and help to improve Report team goals with regard to report and data management.
- Perform other organizational Report related team duties as requested or projects as needed
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Telecommunications, Data Communications, or a related field of study; and
- 5+ years of progressive, responsible experience in the field of data processing, computer systems, and applications. Operations Specialty requires supervisory experience (5 years). Network Services requires a telecommunications background and experience.
- Broad knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of computers, peripheral devices, communications systems and hardware capabilities, programming languages, E.D.P. applications, systems analysis methodology, data management and retrieval techniques
- Health care information technology background
- Possess good communication skills
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- An Associate Degree from an accredited college, including at least twenty-one (21) credits in computer science or a related computer field; or
- A Baccalaureate Degree from and accredited college and one (1) year of satisfactory full-time paid computer programming experience; or
- An Associate Degree from an accredited college or completion of two (2) years of study (60 credits) at an accredited college and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time paid computer programming experience; or
- High School graduation or evidence of having passed an examination for a High School equivalency diploma and four (4) years of satisfactory full-time paid experience; at least two (2) years of which shall have been computer programming experience, and the remaining two (2) years may be clerical experience; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to 1, 2, 3, or 4 above.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university and,
- Two years of experience in business, government, hospital, educational or a nonprofit organization in analysis, development and implementation of systems and subsystems, familiarity with EDP applications and data processing programs; or,
- A Masters Degree in Management, Business Administration or approved related fields from an accredited college or university may be equated to a maximum of one year of related experience; or,
- A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the job via our careers website at: careers.nychhc.org (job #50504)
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, retirement and pension plans, paid time off, professional development, and an employee perks program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan