As the Senior Buyer/Planner, you will be responsible for production planning, purchasing, and fulfillment. Working cross-functionally with several departments, you will also support Sales Operations and Engineering NPI Purchasing, as well as interface with Finance/Accounting, to drive production.
- MRP and Production Planning
- Create and maintain MRP/build plans with input from Sales, Finance, Marketing, Operations and supply chain partners.
- Perform what-if analysis and mitigation plans for supply chain or manufacturing risks.
- Monitor build plan and inventory levels at CM (primarily China based) and fulfillment warehouse.
- Prepare and present MRP, inventory, and supply reports to management.
- Track and manage supplier delivery schedules and resolves supply issues.
- Prioritize supply requirements, adjust for ECOs, and schedule changes.
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Manage inventory levels to set and maintain safety stocks and lead times.
- Manage all purchasing for parts, services, and logistics/transportation for Production and Engineering.
- Identify alternate sources for components with better cost/quality/delivery.
- Request quotes; negotiate purchase terms, delivery schedules, and performance measurement with suppliers.
- Prepare and enter PO in NetSuite ERP System for confirmed orders.
- Obtain internal approvals; document and communicate PO changes to suppliers.
- Follow-up, track, and expedite goods/services purchases to meet production schedules.
- Verify receipt of goods on POs and input receipts in NetSuite.
- Production Fulfillment
- Collaborate with Sale Operations to schedule and prioritize daily customer shipments.
- Support Sales Operations and customers with shipment tracking and order status updates.
- Oversee daily customer order fulfillments by ensuring all scheduled orders are shipped on time. Drive resolution of issues that prevent orders from being fulfilled.
Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities)
- 5+ years of related industry experience in Production and MRP
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- APICS Certificate preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin with suppliers in China and Taiwan, verbally and written
- Demonstrable experience in creating comprehensive MRP reports and analyses
- Proven experience sourcing and purchasing from domestic and international suppliers, including extensive experience with suppliers based in Asia
- Strong analytical skills required
- Must be highly detail-orientated
- Must be able to thrive in a start-up environment with constant change
- Must have a strong sense of ownership and be able to drive issues to closure
- Must be a self-starter who is hands-on with projects and assignments
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems required
zSpace® combines elements of AR and VR to create lifelike experiences that inspire curiosity, create engagement and deepen understanding. Among its numerous awards and accolades, zSpace was named “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., “Best in Show at ISTE” by Tech & Learning Magazine for three consecutive years and was ranked two years in a row on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies. zSpace is a privately held, venture-backed company located in Sunnyvale, California, and has been granted more than 30 patents for its innovative technologies…our marketing videos do not do the real deal any justice!
Job Type: Full-time
- Planner: 5 years (Required)
- Supply Chain: 5 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required)
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- APICS Certificate (Preferred)