Des Moines University seeks a part-time Project Manager who will be responsible for day-to-day management and implementation of the grant-supported National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Provider Education program for students at Des Moines University.
The Project Manager will coordinate alternative ways of delivering engaging content for students. In addition, the position will participate in research to determine program effectiveness and outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with others inside and outside the institution to tailor the pre-existing program curriculum to be maximally effective with medical students.
- Coordinate academic and administrative daily activities for the project, assisting faculty, staff, and students. Must be able to use good judgement with minimal supervision coordinating all assignments and demands while keeping focus on priorities.
- Maintain and coordinate schedules and materials for the program. This includes facilitator information, handouts, documents, student attendance records and grade reports, budget information and other duties as assigned.
- Manage all logistics (ordering supplies, reserving classrooms, ordering food, coordinating housing for out of town students, etc.) necessary for smooth implementation of the program.
- Prepare and maintain documents and correspondence for the program along with keeping organized records of all project-related information.
- Assist with library research on assigned topics and prepare bibliographies and abstracts according to instructions. Prepare materials for scientific reports to be written about the project; collaborate in data collection, analysis, and manuscript preparation.
- Participate in and successfully complete all University required training including, but not limited to discrimination/harassment and code of conduct.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as assigned by the Chair of Behavioral Medicine, Medical Humanities & Bioethics.
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Research experience in the social sciences preferred.
- Experience with medical education is desirable.
- Familiarity with curriculum design.
- Strong capacity to work independently.
- Excellent planning and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines with administrators, faculty and/or students.
- Excellent communications and active listening skills, including but not limited to, able to convey and receive verbal and written information effectively and efficiently as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good PC Knowledge and skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; knowledge of statistical software package SPSS preferred)
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Reference Contact Information