Main Purpose of the Role:
The Receptionist will provide administrative support for the school, working flexibly across a range of functions. They will act as an initial point of contact for incoming phone calls, visitors, students, staff, and enquiries and, as such, must be well presented with a professional, friendly approach. The Receptionist will contribute towards the smooth running of the school. The successful candidate will work towards fulfilling the school’s commitment to a high quality of customer service and will promote and embody the school’s mission and vision.
- Answer telephone, determine nature of call and relay information or route call as appropriate.
- Greet and Assist parents, staff, students and guests
- Call for Admin, Faculty and Students over the radio (radio etiquette)
- Substitute contact (make sure they have lesson plans and keys upon arrival)
- Keep records of adult and student sign in and out
- Maintain public website calendar / assist with RCC Calendar when needed
- Sort mail and deliver to staff (daily)
- Assist Leadership Team with tasks as assigned
- This is a 12-month position
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a school setting preferred
- Other assigned duties, as necessary
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Take detailed messages, respond to verbal inquiries, take direction from different sources,
- Strong organizational skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Dependable, able to multi-task, and must be a team player.
- Experience handling multiple phone lines.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Job Type: Full-time