Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Structural Engineer opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN.
UCOR works a standard 4/10 schedule, Monday through Thursday unless otherwise specified by Management.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience required
- Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
- Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
- Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
- Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
- Previous experience at DOE facilities
* Experience with STAAD is desired
Structural engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, UCOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned. Project support locations may include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12.
- Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data
- Experienced in structural inspection
- Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
- Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
- Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
- Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
- Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
- Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with engineering assignments
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training
- Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Structural Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible