Job Summary and Mission
The director of Innovation & Business Transformation will embrace innovation, technology and culture to build a planet positive, supply chain of the future. This leader will identify emerging trends, opportunities, new architecture and market shifts that will accelerate key deliverables and demonstrate sustainability Leadership. This leader and team will lead the way transforming our culture and embedding intellectual curiosity in the way we deliver our products to our customers. And will also envision an ecosystem of solutions to amplify and deliver business results.
The director of Innovation & Business Transformation will be responsible for key aspects of deployment, team leadership, business readiness, change management, training, communications, and value realization ensuring end-user adoption. Embracing, modeling and acting in accordance to Starbucks guiding principles.
Key Capabilities for this role:
- Think about how the world could be and bringing it to life
- Willingness to break something and put it back together, fearlessly seeing every dimension
- Deep, strategic thinking
- Disciplined about formalized research and outreach as a part of their work
- Exploring new operating business models and challenging the status quo
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Champions change leadership for the program.
- Ensures that stakeholders are informed and engaged and is accountable for all stakeholder engagement activities and communication delivery.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Leads and influences across functions, regions and cultures. Works closely with functional, regional and program leadership to align the organization for successful deployment of large-scale initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison between program, functional and regional leadership. - Sponsors the initiative within functional area or region.
Planning and Execution
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Coordinates activities across program, functional and regional leads and functions as implementation leadership resource.
- Develops staffing plans and mobilizes program or local teams.
- Develops strategic vision for business area and provides key inputs and collaborates with the functional or business leaders to develop short- and long-term operating plans.
- Prepares the organization for deployment and ensures that all business, organization and systems readiness activities are completed on time. Drives pre-deployment behavioral changes.
- Works with functional and deployment leads to implement communications, change management, training, partner care and deployment activities.
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Builds partnerships within the program and other functional areas.
- Directs program plan development and manages resource allocation in conjunction with other directors and executive management.
- Identifies opportunities for business process transformation and gains executive support and alignment for prioritization of those opportunities.
- Identifies risks and issues impacting successful deployment and works with program team to develop resolution.
- Serves as business advocate to the program, identifies and articulates business requirements, and prioritizes
- Serves as program advocate to the business to articulate program benefits and impacts and define deliverables, timeline and necessary support required from business resources.
Partner Development & Team Building
- Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
- Progressive experience in business process design and implementation for a function within a large, global company
- Budgeting, planning and managing projects and programs of over $1 million in scope - Business system and process development
- Supervision of large, diverse work groups
- Working across organizational boundaries at all levels, including executive positions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal effectively with conflicts using negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Broad understanding of the end-to-end processes within respective business area
- Ability to lead projects to completion and execute parallel work activity
- Working knowledge of all facets of systems and process implementation and operations
- General management experience and strong business acumen to understand and apply new processes effectively to support Starbucks existing and planned future business models
- Ability to function effectively in a highly ambiguous environment with the flexibility to change course as required to respond to new situations
- Ability to understand and balance the triple constraints of budget, scope and schedule as appropriate to meet program goals and to effectively communicate the implications of these constraints to both business and program leadership and teams
- Ability to influence broadly up, down and across the enterprise to mobilize partners to support program deliverables in balance with their day to day priorities
- Experience in supply chain strategic planning, supplier management, technology solution deployment, operations and/or supply chain analytics
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to challenge the status quo
- Supply chain innovation and product life cycle management knowledge
- Passion for sustainability
- Annual Managed Expenses 1.5M-50M
- Annual Company Financial Influence - (6-10)Direct Reports
- Establishes and communicates a compelling and inspired vision, creates competitive winning strategies and plans
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com