Product Team Lead (Contract, Full-time)
Apto is an experiential learning company focused on language, culture and global adaptation skills training. Our mission is to empower and support international learners everywhere, to adapt to local communities and environments anywhere.
We’re seeking a Product Team Lead to lead strategy, facilitate product planning and directly oversee our Technical Product Team and vendors.
You’ll work directly with our CEO, Technical Director, Customer Experience and Success Director and Content Director and have primary responsibility for internal and external communications on behalf of the Technical Product Team.
This is a 3-month contract position working out of our Nashville TN office, followed by full time employment for the right candidate.
Product Team Lead + Documentation Responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate product planning for core web application and native application(s), including definition of core features, feature requirements and user workflows. Generate team alignment around these items.
- Oversee additional product team initiatives and product expansion, providing strategic oversight, planning, feature definition, requirements and workflows.
- Maintain team communications and shared documentation required for clear understanding of user needs, product goals and market factors across all departments including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Support and Content.
- Work with product designer as needed to develop product UX & UI. Generate annotated wireframes and generate team alignment on wireframes.
- Lead and facilitate user testing for core web application and native application(s) to validate product decisions.
- Define and deliver against clear near, medium, and long-term product roadmaps that support rapid growth.
Leadership, Communication and Management Responsibilities:
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders - internal and external.
- Collect and synthesize stakeholder feedback as needed.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Develop budgets and forecasts as needed.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
Additional Near-Term Responsibilities:
- Core knowledge holder for data and analytics tracking against core web app and native application(s), monitoring for tracking optimizations and reporting as needed and internal representative for any business intelligence/analytics vendors leveraged or hired.
- Act as liaison on behalf of Product for management of product marketing, including drip campaigns, reengagement strategies and customer journey.
- Remain updated on the market and technology advancements and 3rd party software partners to determine opportunities to enhance the product itself or the internal product management process.
- 5+ years experience in product management, ideally in the language learning or learning management system (LMS) space.
- User obsessed and want to be a missionary for storytelling from Apto.
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of the product development process.
- Excellent at building relationships across functions and a strong collaborator.
- Can straddle comfortably and effectively across product strategy, prioritization and product execution.
- Experienced in managing diverse teams and committed to success in driving clarity, alignment and collaboration.
- Inventive, and know how to invent on behalf of the customer before they ask.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and high energy environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Full Time Opportunity:
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule