- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Director of Case Management(Job Number: 00035-44176)
Work Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Job Type: Directors & Managers
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which allows us to provide fast, skilled care to more adults and adolescents in our ER and Pediatric ER than any other hospital in the area. We are proud to be the region’s first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health (at Tucker Pavilion) and cardiovascular care (at Levinson Heart Institute).
Challenges of the Director of Case Management include:
1. Works collaboratively with the Administrative Officers in developing Case Management strategy and annual goals.
2. Aligns Case Management & Social Work services to meet the terms of Managed Care agreements, Medical Staff needs, Govt. agency regs, & hospital staff. Works collaboratively with departments directly involved in the authorization process & the flow of patient information, i.e. Call Center, Pt. Reg., HIM, PASC, etc.
3. Maintains working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulation as well as trends in Utilization management, and leads department to ensure compliance.
4. Leads the Case Management department in the development and application of quality management and cost reduction strategies throughout the hospital.
5. Assumes responsibility for communication and education regarding case management activities in the organization and the community and serves as a resource.
6. Responsible for and provides direction to Case Management, Social Work, with emphasis on Quality Care and Customer Satisfaction.
7. Leads the Case Management Department within defined financial parameters.
Required – Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and thorough understanding of quality management theory and process.
Preferred – Recent hospital leadership experience.
Required – RN with current Virginia State license. A plan in place to attain Bachelor’s degree in a health related field.
Preferred – Master’s degree in a health related field.