Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
With a minimum of direct supervision and under the general direction of the Regional Logistics Manager, primary responsibilities include: (i) establishment, deployment and implementation of procedures to ensure that materials, goods and products are imported and exported in compliance with the applicable government regulations and company standards; (ii) serving as the key point of contact to inquiries or notices from regional export/import authorities as well as Southco business units, legal department, shipping locations and external parties; (iii) Implement internal audits for Southco and serve as audit liaison for external audits; (iv) coordination and completion of all government, regulatory and compliance documents for all of Southco’s legal business entities within the region; (v) disciplined usage and application of SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) System, Harmonized Tariff System and adherence to Southco’s compliance standards and specifications; and (vi) delivery of cost savings associated with import/export through continuous improvements.
- BA or BS Degree in Logistics/International Trade, Supply Chain or Finance/Accounting
- Expert knowledge in international trade regulations for region and country specific.
- 5 to 7 years of "hands-on" cross-border working experience, including strong connections with regulatory authorities in key region/specific countries.
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and country specific languages as required.
- Knowledge of SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) System.
- Experience coordinating and participating in import/export audits.
- Lead and conduct entity audits to determine export/import compliance and implement improvement projects including but not limited to Markings, Country of Origin, and Harmonized Parts Classification.
- Lead search initiatives for duty reduction opportunities on Misclassification of Parts and Customs Rulings.
- Develop and implement risk assessments/gap analysis on International Trade issues within each region/country in which Southco has legal entities.
- Track performance of Customs service providers, compliance programs and savings opportunities through KPI’s for monthly reporting.
- Disciplined usage of SAP GTS module and adherence to Southco’s compliance standards and specifications
- Perform weekly/monthly Import Freight and Duty Coding analysis and reviews, with KPI’s for regular reporting
- Integrate and provide support to supply chain to ensure least cost duty minimizing alternatives to global sourcing decisions.
- Develop procedures, training modules and assessment programs to identify defects, develop solutions and coordinate improvement implementation.
- Serve as regional liaison on behalf of the Global Logistics Manager between Southco and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and manage internal control programs for import and export compliance as per region and country specific.
- Research and provide technical assistance in interpretation of laws/regulations, product description, harmonized tariff codes, country of origin and for the resolution of all import/export compliance issues for the region/country.
- Work with regional and global counterparts to ensure common approaches, best practices and corrective action implementation.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.