The Rail Control Center (RCC) is a highly secure facility that houses the workstations, Servers, Storage Area Networks, Tape Libraries and Network Equipment that runs mission–critical and other back office applications that enable the Department of Subways to provide transportation services to the riding public.
The Operations & System Support position is responsible for providing full IT services (System Administration, desktop and help desk support) to RTO, DCE, Stations, Signals, Police at the RCC, and the Backup Command Center (BCC) at 130 Livingston Plaza, Brooklyn.
In addition to the day-to-day duties, the manager’s responsibility at the RCC include the setup and deployment of computer equipment in the Incident Command Center (ICC) and Situation Room when they are activated during Storms and Emergency Conditions/Events.
The Operations & Systems Support position will assist RCC & PCC Operations Support by ensuring that the System Administrators responsible for supporting RCC and BCC systems are properly trained and capable of providing 24/7/365 support.
- Oversee all Helpdesk functions (requests, incidents and problems) and coordinates escalation support when needed for the RCC
- Develops and refines service desk support to ensure minimal downtime of hardware and software systems
- Provides weekly, monthly, metrics, and reports for change requests, incidents and problems reported to the Help Desk
- Develops training frameworks and programs to keep staff informed of best and new industry practices
- Provide Problem/Incident Management by investigating the problems to determine and prepare a root cause analysis with preventative actions (that need to be taken for prevention in the future) and communicate appropriately to RCC technical staff and external customers
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and business plans for purchasing new systems, hardware and other IT supplies
- Participates and complies with MTA auditors to make sure procedures and processes are executed in a timely manner and comply with MTA standards
- Tracks asset replacement, disposal, retirement and physical inventory and maintain inventory of technical assets and equipment parts
- Develops, reviews and maintains SOGR process for the RCC and BUCC
- Manages and coordinates third party vendors (NetApp, Siemens, Fujitsu, Oracle, McAfee, and Microsoft) support for hardware and software related issues, upgrades, patches, and SLA’s
- Manages daily systems maintenance through preventative maintenance cycles, backups, updates, providing adequate training materials
- Manages the day to day operations, administration and configuration management
- Participates, coordinates and works with MTA IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Unit, in conjunction with the Department of Subways to develop a DR&BC Plan and schedule test to ensure critical systems failover to the Backup Command Center is available
- Provides weekly, monthly and annual performance to provide operational and program goal progress reports to Senior Management
- Conducts testing for compliance, system acceptance integration and enhancement testing on all Third-party products
- Ensure that all mission-critical systems are meet MTA compliance standards
- Experience managing a 24/7/365 combined workforce of managerial and professional technical employees
- Familiarity with the transportation business and transit computer
- Exceptional technical experience in rolling out major computer projects
- Knowledge of MTA audit, legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to areas supervised
- Exceptional verbal/written/presentation communications skills
- Ability to easily adapt to the constantly changing needs and demands of the Business Departments
- Strong Change Management experience and delivery
- Knowledge of team development skills, developing high performing teams
- Knowledge of IT architecture/technology planning and business operations, with a wide-ranging knowledge of technology information systems infrastructure and use, i.e., servers, storage, software, networks, data centers, facilities, power, cooling, personal computing and key suppliers in these areas
- Extensive experience in Project/Program Management principles, standards with process drive and deliver results
- Must be an Analytical and strategic thinker
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, and Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of Information Technology or Communications related experience with at least 8 years of progressive IT managerial experience
As an employee of MTA Headquarters you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $97,448 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.