We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time.
Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 30+ retail and outlet stores throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to succeed at work and in life.
The Goodwill Industries of Denver (GID) Sales Associate is a vital part of achieving Goodwill’s mission. The Sales Associate is a high energy, positive and supportive team member who is responsible for various Retail duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Store Leadership Team. This position provides quality customer service through many unique positions including, but not limited to donation attendant, processor, stocker, and cashier. This position serves as a champion and model of GID’s values – “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation and transparency in all that we do.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Immediately greets and provides assistance to all customers and donors with a positive attitude
- Stocks the Sales Floor
- Cashiers using a POS system
- Cleans fitting rooms, break rooms, bathrooms and maintains Sales Floor presentation
- Maintains awareness of current promotional events and sales
- Performs duties as assigned by the Store Leadership Team:
- Accepts donated goods from donors
- Processes donated goods (limited)
- Builds and maintains effective quality working relationships with management, co-workers customers, and donors. Uses effective written and verbal communication. Uses good interpersonal skills treating everyone with dignity and respect. Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems. Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Follows all Goodwill policies and procedures. Follows safety rules and regulations. Acts safely at all times.
- Works flexible schedules, overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Must have, or be able to learn, the functional skills to perform the duties and responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Ability to pass a criminal background investigation and E-Verify.
Health, dental, life insurance, as well as short-term disability for fulltime employees. Vacation, holiday, personal time, sick leave and 403b retirement plans. AT&T discounts, Training and development for all employees including a defined career ladder, 30% shopping discount, and up to 10% off of University of Phoenix… Plus many more great rewards.
Very Heavy Work to Medium Work: Lifting and carrying objects weighing 30 pounds constantly, 40 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to- position requiring the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles . Pushing and Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion exerting 50 pounds of force constantly, 75 pounds of force frequently, and 100 pounds of force occasionally. Weight may be less in some of the job requirements. See job description for additional physical requirements and let the Hiring Manager if you can meet these requirements with or without accomodations.
E.O.E. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.