T. W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. is searching for a Project Management Assistant to work in a busy commercial construction office supporting multiple Project Managers and field supervisors in the administrative and coordinating activities of construction projects. This position does not require any travel and resides in our main office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce subcontract agreements, change orders, purchase orders, and purchase change orders, perform related data entry and storage, distribute to field supervision, and process executed contracts for all projects assigned;
- Produce owner contract and change orders in AIA software system as well as related data entry and storage for all projects assigned;
- Produce project drawing logs at the beginning of each project;
- Download drawings and specifications into Procore software system;
- Produce compliance report twice per month for all active projects to review status of project documentation receipt, contacting appropriate parties for missing documentation;
- Call vendors of subcontractors once a month to confirm subcontractor is current with payments;
- Perform data entry of project estimates at the beginning of projects;
- Perform data entry of approved owner change orders;
- Work with project management to request receipt of project close-out documentation from subcontractors, perform data storage of received items and produce O&M manuals for owner;
- Send out final lien waivers to all project subcontractors and perform related data entry and storage;
- Produce drawings for field supervision and/or project management as needed;
- Provide front desk relief for Office Coordinator’s breaks and occasional lunch periods;
- Take minutes of bi-weekly project management meetings.
- Perform additional assignments at supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a construction environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with competencies in business writing, grammar and spelling
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills with customer-service orientation
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator
- Ability to produce quality work in an efficient manner with little supervision in an ever-changing environment
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet-based applications; prefer experience with Vista by Viewpoint construction software, Procore, AIA software, and Bluebeam
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, printer, copier, fax, and scanner
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, at least eight hours per day, five days per week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial construction: 1 year (Required)