Celebrating its 80th year as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2018. Learn more at www.kennametal.com.
Manager IT Business Solutions
Work site location:
The Global Manager IT for automation & shop floor solutions for North America helps to ensure our Manufacturing Plants can meet their aggressive Productivity, Lead Time, Quality and Delivery Performance Objectives. This is a strategic key position that understands the needs in manufacturing execution (including automation, robotics, continues improvement and lean) and can apply/develop Information Technology Solutions along our Industry 4.0 reference architecture (SAP, MII, PCo, Kepware, Siemens NX, Azure).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Leverage and expand our Industry 4.0 reference architecture (SAP, MII, PCo, Kepware, Siemens NX, Azure) and their features and functions to drive seamless automation throughout our manufacturing plants, across all business segments, in North America.
- Understand the operations, flow and automations in our plants and help local key users and supervisors to use technology (where applicable) to improve on their objectives.
- Work with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to influence and guide machine designs and ensure they integrate with our processes, data and physical flow to maximize performance.
- Collaborate with RD&E to drive “Design for Manufacturing” and ensure data flow and processes that integrate with PLCs, Gauges, QM and the manufacturing processes connecting the digital world with the real world.
- Design the solutions needed and work with the respective IT teams (IT Business Partners, Application Development and Delivery), as well as vendors, to build / buy the technologies that move the needle.
- Work with business stake holders to drive Process, Data and System standardization while recognizing the differences of the various operations and their improvement needs
- Utilize technologies to understand how to monitor operation and plant performance and how to demonstrate the opportunities and value added.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in the respective field
- Extensive experience in Design, Develop and Implemented manufacturing solutions leveraging SAP, MII, PCo Kepware
- Experienced with the SAP-ERP (application and development) especially with PP, QM, MM, IM.
- Implemented several machine/gauges to MII integrations with measurable success and is clearly experienced in building/leveraging Industry 4.0/IoT capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills across all audiences (from shop floor to leadership)
- Knowledge and application of various Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Experienced in Managing People, Projects and Budgets, Coaching, Servant Leadership, Influence and Change Management
Other skills that might be of benefit
- Business skills (e.g. as plant manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Shop Floor Supervisor or Operator)
- SAP PLM, Siemens NX, CNC/DNC
- SAP HANA, Tableau, SQL Server, R and Statistical Process Control
- Network, Security, Mobile, Cloud
- Lean Green or Black Belt certification
Equal Opportunity Employer