LA HABRA, CA
Shepard Bros. Inc., a leading chemical provider of cleaning, sanitizing, and water treatment products and services has an opening for a qualified Production Compounder in the La Habra, CA facility. Primary responsibilities are to assist production in the manufacturing, production and packaging of quality products to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include the blending and packaging of incoming and outgoing products, both liquid and dry, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all liquid and powder production is completed within schedule at the highest quality level.
- Prior to blending review all batch tickets for blending instructions and to confirm that sufficient raw materials are available for completion of the batch.
- Add raw materials to tanks and blenders.
- Record quantity difference on raw material container and container sheets. Return all unused raw materials to the appropriate storage area.
- Inspect all hoses, connections, valves, and containers, inside and out prior to and during filling.
- Load and unload outbound/inbound tankers to and from storage tanks.
- Inspect all bungs, vent caps, lids and gaskets daily and replace as needed to ensure safety conditions.
- Complete scale linearity and forklift inspection daily.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently. Forklift certification required.
- Possess knowledge to operate scales, centrifugal and diaphragm pumps, soft water batch meters, air and electric agitators, homogenizers, hoists, baghouses, ribbon blenders and bagging units.
- Must meet PFT requirements to wear a respirator.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Basic computer skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
We offer growth opportunities, competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability. For more information, visit our web site at www.shepardbros.com.
For consideration, please send us your resume including salary history.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)