dlhBOWLES Automotive Group, is looking for an enthusiastic, accountable, Project Engineer to support our Columbia, MD location/customer base. This position plays a key role in product development/program management for various automotive OEM and tier 1 customers in our washer nozzle and fluid delivery engineering group.
- The engineer manages the project from initial design concept through production ensuring project objectives are met
- Support business development with Sales by working directly with customer engineering, and internal and external manufacturing teams to develop and specify the product
- Complete product design (models and drawings) meeting customer requirements, and internal best practices for product quotes and releases into internal and customer CAD systems
- Become subject matter expert to provide exceptional customer support and robust designs
- Provide customer support for technical challenges related to product and manufacturing
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, communicate project and task status to management and critical project stakeholders, and escalates concerns when appropriate
- Maintain accurate product development records, including creating and supporting APQP documentation
- Work in conjunction with the project team to develop the PPAP documentation. Review the documents with the customer and update accordingly
- Practice effective team skills by sharing learned knowledge with the group.
- Staying abreast of relevant new technology and competitive product
- Maintain a working knowledge of thermoplastics and their applications in our product lines Maintaining a clean and safe work area
- Travel as required to interface with customer engineering and manufacturing bases
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive engineering
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience managing projects and administering the APQP process
- CAD/ Solid Modeling experience
- Analytical/technical skills-with a practical approach to problem solving; innovative design capability
- Interpersonal communication skills-both written & oral presentation; collaboration/teaming
- Organizational skills- able to prioritize responsibilities and exercise good judgment
- Accountability skills-hard working, dependable, seeks out work and solutions, responsible
Strongly Prefer Experience in:
- Plastic injection molding
- Tube routing
- Catia V5 or NX
dlhBOWLES is a premier supplier of innovative engineered plastic solutions to many of the largest corporations and most recognizable brands around the globe in the automotive and consumer products industries. By leveraging over 50 years of engineering and manufacturing excellence, the company designs and manufactures automotive and consumer products. The company is headquartered in Canton, OH and Columbia, MD with Sales Operations in Michigan. dlhBOWLES employs over 1,900 associates and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America.
At dlhBOWLES we pride ourselves on our spirit of constant innovation. This drive towards technical and operational excellence is fueled by our most important asset – our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package for the selected candidate.
If you are looking for a place that offers an engaging work environment and fosters personal and career growth, dlhBOWLES is the place for you. Come join our team today!
dlhBOWLES is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 2 years
- plastic injection molding; tube routing: 1 year
- APQP administrative: 2 years
Required work authorization: