- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver's License
- Dental Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
VOLUNTEERS of AMERICA is seeking a self-motivate MAINTENANCE TECH to work with multiple single family homes located in various Toledo neighborhoods. A strong background in home maintenance is also a plus. Must be organized and have reliable transportation. Please forward resumes for review including the best method to contact you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,500 to $35,500 /year
OBJECTIVE: Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Community Administrator, for the overall maintenance of rental houses and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance.
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting.
- Repairing and installing: showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors.
- Make ready houses for new move‐
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain and repair.
- Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program.
- Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping.
- Coordinate special projects as directed.
- Perform service requests in a timely and accurate manner per work orders.
- Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
- Store all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substance clearly labeled and locked away.
- Work closely with other team members and supervisor to create a successful Resident Focused property.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined below.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions in order to identify various chemicals and cleaning agents from their labels and understand directions for use.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two (2) year previous home maintenance experience desired. Has some knowledge of state building, plumbing and electrical codes and local ordinances.
- Must be capable of making decisions in an emergency.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation or an on-call situation.
- Heath, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- 403(b) Plan with Employer match
- Paid vacation and Holiday pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- High school (Required) High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference given to graduates of trade or vocational school, with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and electricity.
- HVAC, Plumbing or Electric License or certification preferred
- Driver's License (Required) and Reliable Transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,500.00 to $35,500.00 /year
- United States (Preferred)