Current BLS certification required
The Cardiac Sonographer I performs studies on outpatients and inpatients within the Sonographer Scope of Practice and according to incumbent's level of expertise/experience. The sonographer applies the principles of assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and modifying patient imaging care as an active, continuous process. Assists with invasive procedures and performs basic vascular exams.
Schedule requires possible rotation for weekend, holiday and call coverage and may include rotation to other campus.
This is an enterprise position. Will be expected, as needed, to accept work assignments across departments or El Camino Hospital campuses (Mountain View and Los Gatos) or locations within a 15-mile radius.
1. Graduate of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiac Sonography Program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
2. Holds minimum AA/AS degree
3. Prior experience in acute care hospital setting preferred
4. Experience performing Adult Transthoracic, Transesophageal, or Adult Stress Echocardiograms
- Current BLS certification
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult Echocardiography (AE) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or registered within 4 months from date of hire
- RDCS – Fetal (FE) or Pediatric (PE) preferred
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or (RVS) preferred