Sager Electronics, a wholly owned subsidiary of TTI Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. company, is a North American distributor of Interconnect, Power and Electromechanical components from leading manufacturers worldwide. Grounded in over 130 years of innovation and service, Sager Electronics provides customers and suppliers a unique combination of operational excellence and innovative business solutions through its Distributing Confidence® business model. Headquartered in Middleborough, MA, Sager Electronics operates a national network of field sales representatives and strategically located service centers across North America. To learn more about Sager, visit www.sager.com
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Director (RSD) for our Bloomington, MN location. This position is ideal for someone who has at least five to seven years of industry related professional experience. We are looking for a self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. The RSD is accountable for the achievement of objectives associated with their assigned region, customers, supplier partnerships, and sales associates. The RSD assumes responsibility to manage and develop service center and territory personnel by increasing service levels, sales, and profits, by ensuring all assigned personnel understands and executes our strategy of selling manufacturers and their commodities, to our customers.
The RSD is responsible for assigned regions sales productivity. The RSD actively develops a plan to identify new customers and to assign appropriate sales personnel to evaluate the market and develop a plan for continued expansion. The RSD works in concert with the appropriate sales management to ensure a cohesive, visible and positive management relationship.
- Ensuring that the service center is adequately staffed with properly trained inside and outside personnel.
- Prioritizing, coaching and performance management efforts to have the most effective overall impact on business results. Motivating employees and maintaining a high level of morale. Devising and implementing team building strategies.
- Proactively monitoring sales activity among assigned sales associates and ensuring that the quantity and quality of sales effort meets company expectations.
- Identifying deficiencies in skills among assigned sales associates and working to improve individuals’ capabilities through coaching, development and training.
- Preparing an annual budget and operating within the established cost controls. Coordinating, or ensuring coordination of the activities of the service center with other departments of the company. Training and promoting all company policies and procedures to employees.
- Preparing a sales plan for the service center and territories which addresses growth, profitability, and productivity.
- Ensuring that service levels meet, or exceed, established goals and objectives set by senior sales management.
- Monitoring quality measurements including key accounts, and reports performance to management. Initiates action when necessary.
- Ensuring that customer orders are processed correctly, profitably, and in a timely manner by:
Reviewing sales reports at appropriate intervals and taking suitable action when necessary.
- Training and advising employees on the elements of the order handling process and the impact these transactions have on cost. Reviewing and approving required sales documents.
- Ensuring that vendor policies and cultures are known and understood by the service center and employees by monitoring transactions, training employees, and promoting rep and factory relations.
- Managing and leading a positive vendor and manufacturer rep relationship at the regional level.
- Making routine credit decisions for target accounts.
- Assuming responsibility for asset management for the service center including inventory and receivables generated by branch sales activities. Meeting with key customers and building relationships at the management level to promote sales, gain a better understanding of customer needs and heighten Sager’s visibility within the market.
- Working with sales management to resolve all customer and product matters related to the service center.
- Understanding our sales compensation program as it relates to time and territory management.
- Practicing honesty and integrity with associates, customers and manufacturer partner relationships.
- Presenting a professional image at all times to associates, customers and manufacturer partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or any other related field.
- Five to seven years of related experience including at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Electronics distribution experience required.
Sager Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.