As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally and medically vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine.
The HMC STD Clinic has an outstanding opportunity for a Administrative Assistant 2 (Part-Time 50%, Day Shift). This position will provide administrative support for the clinic, representing the department’s goals and interests and coordinating administrative functions including; general office workflow.
- Maintain Clinic phone list, employee home/emergency contact information, clinic map
- Manage time and effort reporting for the STD Clinic
- Maintain and request for services and contract supplies for office equipment
- Receive daily attendance calls, note in attendance book, and email clinic staff
- Created current email distribution list
- Provide support to Clinic Manager, Director-HIV/STD Program, STD Program co-Medical Directors; and Deputy Director-HIV/STD Clinical Support Services
- Provide operational support to Clinician Co-Leads
- Provide general support to STD Clinic staff
- Key Management
- HMAC Radio Roll call
- Manage copies of licenses and certificates for Clinicians
- Create clinic signage
- Public Health: Have visitors fill in sign in sheet, confidentiality form and Issue Visitor Badges. Maintain Visitor Confidentiality Log. Gather signed confidentiality forms and forward to PH Compliance Department
SCHEDULES/MEETINGS/CONFERENCE ROOM RESERVATIONS
- Attending Schedule: Work with MDs to schedule clinic coverage.
- STD Clinic Meeting Schedule: Prepare quarterly meeting schedules, Reserve conference rooms for changed dates
- Reserve conference rooms using Resource Scheduler (HMC Hospitality), or work with Department of Global Health. Assist other PH departments with room reservation as needed.
- Ensure that all standing meeting reservations are continuous.
- Create Doodle Polls and/or assist with setting up meetings
- Manage calendar for Director-HIV/STD Program
SERVICE REQUESTS (UW)
- Routine service requests through HMC Clinical Support Services (engineering), UW IT Technology (telephone), and Environmental Services (facility maintenance).
- Routine service requests through Scientific Instruments for lab equipment, as needed.
- Routine service request from UW Medicine IT, KCIT; work with and provide information to IT Techs, as needed
- Work with service staff to assist/ensure that service is complete.
- Drop off outgoing mail; Pick up incoming mail and distribute to staff mailboxes
- Merge, print, stuff, seal Provider Rescreen Letters: GC/CT quarterly mailings; Syphilis monthly mailings; work with KC Epidemiologist with any data issues.
- Disaster Supplies
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
Other duties as assigned.
Requires High School/ GED AND two years of office or administrative support experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.