The Staffing Coordinator develops the staffing schedule for the nursing staff, performs a variety of clerical tasks, and provides support to the Director of Nursing Services and the Administrative Assistant.
• One (1) year general office experience is required
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent is also required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Performs general office duties that include:
o Responsible for developing the staffing schedule for the nursing staff, updating it at appropriate intervals, and submitting it to the Assistant Director of Nursing for approval
o Develops and maintains an up-to-date list of on-call personnel
o Duplicating, collating and organizing reports
o Ordering and distributing supplies and advising the Director of Nursing when supplies need to be reordered as assigned
o Processing all outgoing mail and distributing the incoming mail, as assigned
o Serving as backup to the Receptionist during breaks and leave time
o Typing letters and other correspondence
o Taking minutes of meetings, typing and distributing the minutes, as assigned
o Uses telephone etiquette at all times
• Performs members served related duties that include:
o Filing and faxing documents
o Assisting members served in banking, including check endorsements from members served, as assigned
o Assisting members served in signing in/out for passes
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledge of general office procedures, the ability to type and knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills
• The ability to read, write and speak English is crucial, as is the willingness to work with mentally impaired adults
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach, twist, bend, squat and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to constantly sit, stand and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.