- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience is preferred
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates core values in all interpersonal and interdepartmental interactions
- Provides direct assistance to the RN providing care in the preoperative and postoperative area.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, height and weight.
- Performs electrocardiograms as ordered.
- Performs clerical duties including but not limited to order entry, requisitions, charges and statistics, ensuring accuracy of all information.
- Communicates effectively with OR, preoperative and postoperative charge RN to anticipate departmental needs
- Cross-trained to Surgical Services Liaison responsibilities.
- Transports patients to and from hospital departments and inpatient units.
- Performs housekeeping responsibilities including, but not limited to: Cleaning of precaution bays, all patient bays, stretchers and monitoring equipment.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Supports departmental activity at all times.
- Performs errands as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Accurate order entry skills.
- Ability to work proficiently in word, excel and ORM
- Possesses organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to concentrate and prioritize in fast paced distracting environment.
- Ability to work at a quick pace with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in Perioperative environment.
- BLS certification
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Demonstrates computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures.
- Certified Nursing Assistant.