- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience is preferred
· Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Demonstrates core values in all interpersonal and interdepartmental interactions
· Provides direct assistance to the RN providing care in the preoperative and postoperative area.
· Obtains and documents vital signs, height and weight.
· Performs electrocardiograms as ordered.
· Performs clerical duties including but not limited to order entry, requisitions, charges and statistics, ensuring accuracy of all information.
· Communicates effectively with OR, preoperative and postoperative charge RN to anticipate departmental needs
· Cross-trained to Surgical Services Liaison responsibilities.
· Transports patients to and from hospital departments and inpatient units.
· Performs housekeeping responsibilities including, but not limited to: Cleaning of precaution bays, all patient bays, stretchers and monitoring equipment.
· Maintains inventory of office supplies
· Ensures patient confidentiality.
· Supports departmental activity at all times.
· Performs errands as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Accurate order entry skills.
· Ability to work proficiently in word, excel and ORM
· Possesses organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to concentrate and prioritize in fast paced distracting environment.
· Ability to work at a quick pace with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work in Perioperative environment.
· BLS certification
· High School Diploma or equivalency required
· Demonstrates computer skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of surgical procedures.
· Certified Nursing Assistant.