Silence Lines LLC is seeking an experienced Recruiter to join it's team. This position's primary functions will be to attract, pre-qualify and hire qualified drivers and office personnel that meet the company's requirements and needs of customers and oversee safety protocols for drivers. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday (occasional nights and weekends may be necessary from time to time)
- Post open positions and review applications to determine qualification of candidates.
- Conduct background checks for qualified applicants.
- Follow up with applicants on the progress of their application and keep a flow of communication (additional information needed, verification of questionable results, advising of approval or denial)
- Close the offer to qualified candidates to meet recruiting goals, informing potential candidates of wages, compensation and benefit programs, as well as nature of job and duties.
- Write, Implement, and enforce safety policies and conduct orientation for new drivers.
- Communicate with Management to ensure drivers are informed of company regulations, penalties for infraction of rules, and safety policies and procedures.
- Investigate accidents and report on findings of these investigations. Keep record of driver's violations and have meetings with the drivers that exceed a certain limit of violations. Applied verbal or written warnings when necessary.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and trucking industry processes.
- Monitor drug & alcohol screening. Release of the drug and alcohol memo to be signed at the point of hiring.
- Find the most efficient ways to advertise and recruit for open positions. Continually monitor the success of the program and modify according to needs and ensure the process remains cost effective.
- Conduct safety orientation to explain the company’s rules, regulations and expectations.
- Make sure each driver has at disposition, his own truck folder which includes; safety rules, regulations, examples of correct logbooks and difference between USA and Canada logbook rules.
- Explain to drivers C-TPAT regulations and make sure that they understand the importance of complying with the security requirements of this program (drivers are required to be trained and sign C-TPAT forms at the point of hiring)
- Make sure that drivers that are going to Canada are assigned C-TPAT seals and the forms that shall be completed in case the seals are used.
- Keep records of all the C-TPAT forms signed by drivers.
- Monthly training with drivers with different topics
- Assist Safety Manager from Great West with site visits and keep in constant contact with them for new materials to be used in safety training or methods to improve company's safety ratings.
- Analyze safety ratings and plan safety training meetings or topics based on the areas where was considered that improvement is needed
- Keep records of all logbooks for all drivers and make sure that all drivers bring their logs in the office every week and all are completed in compliance with DOT rules
- Train drivers to use Omnitracs .
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Associates degree required
- Experience in fleet safety, accident/injury prevention, DOT regulations & OSHA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management & listening skills
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to motivate and inspire personnel to support safety vision.
Job Type: Full-time
Company's Facebook page: