This is a high profile, dynamic work environment supporting the front lines of our Homeland Security. The position shall serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for information assurance activities at the IT system level, and will report directly to a government POC for general guidance and for assignments outside their typical ISSO duties.
The ISSO shall ensure that management, operational, and technical controls for securing either National Security Systems or SBU level Information Systems are in place and are followed. This includes ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to implement information security requirements for IT systems throughout their life cycle, from the requirements definition phase through disposal. The ISSO shall possess effective interpersonal and presentation skills as he/she operates in a client-facing role. The ISSO must possess experience with NIST 800 publications standards. The position requires experience with vulnerability scanning and assessments. The ISSO shall conduct Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities in accordance with NIST 800-37 standards. All A&A deliverables must meet the metrics in the DHS Information Security Performance Plan. The ISSO shall report IT Security events/incidents in the time prescribed by DHS MD 4300 IT Policy depending on the severity of the incident. The ISSO shall also respond to Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVM) notifications and ensure all systems under their purview are in compliance with DHS IT Policies. The ISSO shall manage single or multiple systems depending on the size and complexity.
- Execute Risk Management Framework Assessment and Authorization activities.
- Assist in developing unified guidelines and procedures for conducting certifications and/or system-level evaluations of federal information systems and networks including the critical infrastructure of DHS.
- Develop and present, both verbally and in writing, highly technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization; audiences for this information include, but are not limited to, senior executives at DHS and other agencies.
- Ensure IT systems have all security controls in place and functioning properly in accordance with NIST 800-53A publication.
- Conduct and evaluate/analyze vulnerability results from the following set of tools to include but not limited to: NESSUS, AppDetective, WebInspect and ISS.
- Support onsite external and internal audits for designated systems.
- Report incidents within the time frame prescribed by DHS 4300 policy for incident response.
Minimum Qualifications and Education/Certification Requirements:
- At least one year of experience as an ISSO or performing the duties of an ISSO
- Minimum of three years of experience in Federal IT Security.
- Must possess one of the following security professional certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), or similar widely recognized advanced IT Security certification.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with, the NIST 800 series publications to include: 800-30, 800-37, 800-53 and 800-53a.
- Previous experience creating all necessary A&A documentation.
- Proficiency conducting and evaluating/analyzing results from the following set of tools, to include but not limited to: NESSUS and ISS.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience with Enterprise Network devices (i.e. routers, switches, firewalls).
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience with Operating platforms (i.e. UNIX, Solaris, and Microsoft) and others as required.
- Active secret clearance (this is a firm requirement)
Job Type: Full-time
- ISSO or ISSO support: 1 year (Required)
- cyber security: 3 years (Required)
- CISSP, CISM, CAP, CASP (Required)
Security Clearance Required: