This is your opportunity to learn new skills, have an influence, and advance your career.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced MD State Inspector.
THE RIGHT FIT
The right technician will have experience, expertise or training on both foreign and domestic vehicles and have an aptitude for newer vehicle technology.
Techs who thrive on trying and learning new things, training on cutting edge technologies, want to influence the future of the business, and have the drive to advance and improve will be very happy here.
We will listen to you. Training you. Respect you. And give you opportunities to advance.
The Technician will responsibility for:
- Maryland State Inspections
- Assisting with obtaining a new license for the station. This is an existing inspection station that was purchased and will need a new license.
- Diagnosing issues with customer vehicles and making recommendations
- Interacting with customers, explaining problems, solutions and recommendations clearly, respectfully and accurately
- Estimating time, determining parts requirements
- Preparing or assisting with preparation of repair orders
- Ordering or assisting with the ordering of parts
- Delivering excellent customer service, individually and as a team
- Maintaining inventory, shop supplies
- Managing and maintaining equipment and the shop overall
- Serve as the Backup Service Manager
- Opening and closing the shop when needed
- The above is not a complete list, but a representative sample of some key areas.
- Training or experience with foreign cars - BMW experience is a plus, but not required
- Training or experience with domestic cars - specific experience with newer technology driven vehicles is a plus
- Excellent communications skills is a requirement
- Strong command of the English language is required. Spanish in addition is a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detailed and methodical
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills is a must - strong ability to diagnose, not just repair
- Experience with Alldata is a plus
- Aptitude for technology is a requirement - we are not technology focused now, but we will be
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs unassisted and in sufficient physical condition to perform at a high level
- Must have a complete mechanics toolset and hand tool. The shop will provide all major equipment.
- The above are not the only requirements. They are required to help you determine if you are an initial fit.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Pay - based on experience and increased with proven success
- Bonuses - you share in the success of the business
- Health Insurance available - 50% of employee insurance paid by the company
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Excellent growth opportunity. Expect to be promoted. Expect to get a raise. Expect to have influence, authority and impact. We are success and goal oriented, and if you earn it, you can expect these things.
May be full time or part time.
Apply on Indeed or airparkautopros.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour