The System Administrator’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer, network, and software systems to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual is also responsible for supporting internal users with service requests in accordance with service level agreements.
- Ensure that all stakeholders receive accurate, timely communication. Proactively identify additional communication opportunities and implement.
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements to teams such as software and hardware programmers, developers and network administrators to successfully implement the design.
- Lead internal and 3rd party technical resources to complete project activities.
- Collaborate with department managers and technical resources to get and confirm estimates, develop overall implementation plan.
- Make decisions based on existing procedures, processes or methods but able to think outside the box in order to ensure success.
- Prioritize to ensure that deadlines are met in a fast paced environment.
- Handle escalations outside office hours and resolve with a sense of urgency.
- Share and document metrics, challenges, and best practices and incorporate into processes.
- Provide services inclusive of installation, configuration, and support of servers, networks, and associated equipment and software, and all telephone and systems security components.
- Provide assistance with remote services: Services that may be provided remotely include network monitoring, desktop support, and Internet content filtering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience in a mid to senior systems administration role
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience in use of MS Office products - specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware – desktop, server, routers, switches – including troubleshooting and repair
- Professional experience in the following: Network design, installation, and support; Windows Server 200X and Active Directory; Linux Server installation, configuration and support; DNS and email administration (Microsoft Exchange and Sendmail).
- Strong understanding of project and people management principles
- Security, including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications
- Virtualization using VM-ware or Microsoft Virtual Server
- Anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-spam applications
- Advanced level knowledge of TCP/IP, POP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, HTTP, SSL
- PDA, smart phones, connections with Exchange email server or other mail hosts
- Remote monitoring solutions
- Able to analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives
- Experience with large scale, multiple site computer hardware roll outs as well as software projects in relation to the release of new computer hardware
- Familiarity with change and risk management procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year