As a Chicago Botanic Garden web and email developer, you will play an important part in communicating with our audience through the production of email campaigns, and design and execution on our website chicagobotanic.org. The web developer is responsible for the design and execution of responsive design in Drupal, and development of email promotions in Sales Force Marketing Cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
She/he will work closely with the website manager and marketing director, as well as key stakeholders, to create effective, visually appealing, and intuitive emails and design of the Garden’s website and other digital elements. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of online user experience and be passionate about design. You will interact closely with the web team, outside agencies, marketing personnel, and various other departments to develop, schedule, and produce online projects through to completion. She/he will ensure that projects are completed accurately and on schedule.
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen (regardless of position).
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Perform well in high pressure situations, balance competing priorities, and demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Can handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
- Is welcoming of new hires.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, web design, or a related field (or combined with related experience)
- Two years' experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (automation, journey builder, building data extensions, etc), Adobe Creative Suite, and testing/optimization of digital platforms, including use of Google Analytics or similar platform
- Five years' experience with HTML/CSS and email coding ability, and responsive email design experience is required
- Have three years of experience designing email campaigns, with proven success of improved engagement
- Working knowledge of large data sets and databases like Raiser’s Edge
- Drupal or equivalent programming experience;Drupal 8 migration is a plus
- SQL queries and knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence reporting tools
- Proven experience in running social integrated campaigns
- Expertise to query data using SQL-based query development is a plus
- Understanding of marketing best practices with regard to contact strategies, data capture, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance
Office setting. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, listening, speaking, and keyboarding. Use of office equipment including computers, telephones, copiers.
Please apply at: https://www.chicagobotanic.org/jobs/web_email_developer
Job Type: Full-time