Marketing Executive (LA office, USA)
Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with offices in the UK, US and Hong Kong. We design and distribute directly from our Head Quarters in Shoreham by Sea UK, Texas US and the Far East. Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and DC comics, and we develop, design, manufacture and wholesale a wide range of gift and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
We have enjoyed continuous growth which has seen revenues increase from approximately £11m to now in excess of £40m and we have ambitious plans for the future. We now are looking to recruit a talented Marketing Executive to assist the US Sales Team and the UK Marketing Manager in developing, implementing, maintaining and measuring a range of commercial, marketing activities that support and meet the business objectives to increase the company’s profile and profitability. It is an opportunity for a highly driven individual to make a mark. It is likewise, a unique opportunity, to join a passionate, committed group of individuals all with a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously improve across the business.
General B2B Marketing Activity
- Maintain and update the US sales presentations in conjunction with the Sales Team and UK Marketing Manager
- Trade shows –assisting the UK Event Executive in organizing trade shows, including PR and advertising, logistics, product display/packing, administration, and communication with the organizers, contractors and clients, identifying opportunities for new trade shows to attend.
- Tracking success rates / conversions of trade shows and live lead tracking / response, tracking trade show spends/expenses in conjunction with the UK Event Executive.
- Assisting in the production of the annual catalog and other collateral i.e. web banners, eShots, including copy writing, proofreading, general admin.
- Working towards and maintaining KPI reports liaising with UK Marketing Manager.
- Maintain press/influencer relationships, send samples for review, monitor & share coverage.
- Keep our independent sales team up to date/reminders with new launches, catalogs, price sheets, special offers & events etc.
- General up-keep of Paladone US website in conjunction with the UK Communications Executive.
- Assist with US social media by monitoring and updating Paladone’s social media platforms daily and planning content in conjunction with the UK Communications Executive.
- Creating and maintaining blogs and organizing/attending blogger events.
- Assist in the development and implementation of e-mail marketing initiatives (eShots) in conjunction with the UK Communications Executive including management of mailing lists.
- Working with UK Content Executive to ensure the video and photo requirements of the US Sales Team are met.
Internal Marketing Activity
- Organization and maintenance of company showrooms at Paladone US office.
- Work with Senior VP and UK marketing Manager to develop internal plan of communication concerning both internal & external initiatives, events, successes & business development in the US office
- Attend exhibitions, conferences, seminars or training courses in order to keep up to date with industry developments.
- Attend & where appropriate arrange internal meetings to achieve marketing plans & objectives.
- Regular updates to UK Marketing Manager
- Key Account support; research/categorizing of retailers/tailor made promotions.
- Attending customer meetings with the sales team.
- Data cleanse & manage segmentation of customers
- Highly dependable team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated to seek out & improve marketing globally.
- Excellent planning and organisation ability.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Time management / personal effectiveness.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness and application.
- Hands-on, can do, practical attitude.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Creativity and Innovation
Essential and desirable Technical Skills / job role:
- IT literate, with working knowledge and experience of Microsoft office suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc. (or Mac alternatives)
- 2 years minimum experience – good understanding of the basic principles of marketing.
- Knowledge and experience of using social media platforms in a marketing capacity (mainly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Experience in email / digital marketing (SEO, PPC)
- Marketing qualification (High School or University)
- Google Analytics experience
- Experience in the Gift / Toy product marketing
- Experience in trade show facilitation
- Knowledge of website content management
- Earned & paid media experience (press, influencers)
- Content / blog writing
- Copywriting skills
- Comfortable carrying out phone-based marketing activities
- Any other functions or task that may be required or assigned from time to time, within span of knowledge and capability.
- Travelling within the US states is a requirement of the role, occasional travel outside US.
- To take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others, complying with the health and safety policy of the company at all times
If you have excellent communication skills have ‘hunger’ and ambition to achieve and even exceed company targets, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Marketing: 2 years (Required)