Senior Human Resources Systems Analyst
Downtown Long Beach
Job Code 1173
Job Grade Psl III
Department Human Resources Management
Chancellor's Office Statement
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Senior Human Resources Systems Analyst. The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation's largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor's Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking a Senior Human Resources Systems Analyst to provide project support to ensure SWHR requirements are implemented within HR systems (Oracle/PeopleSoft and CHRS Recruiting). Working with Systemwide HR (SWHR), Campus HR professionals, subject matter experts (SMEs) and users, and CMS functional staff, the incumbent leads and participates in requirement gathering activities related to regulatory, policy and collective bargaining agreement changes. This position provides functional support for all of the PeopleSoft HCM application within the purview of Systemwide HR and may be the primary systemwide administrator (SuperUser) for CHRS Recruiting. System changes can result from campus requests, systemwide-initiatives to implement new or improve current functionality, or updates provided by the vendors (Oracle/PeopleSoft and PageUp).
The incumbent will partner with other SWHR resources to ensure changes are effectively communicated to campus HR/IT resources and work with relevant teams to test and ensure training materials are updated as appropriate.
The incumbent will play a vital role on the team with centralized functions in helping to support campus day-to day operations. The incumbent will perform other tasks and project duties as assigned.
In this role, the incumbent will be privy to, and consistently utilize sensitive and highly confidential data related to collective bargaining activities/grievance processing. Such information would include, but is not limited to data used in collective bargaining and other related activities; and may process and administer information contained in case files for PERB unfair labor practice cases, and contract grievance arbitration cases.
As necessary, the individual also coordinates and supports the system design and testing of newly implemented functionality - delivered and CSU customizations to ensure that they meet HR requirements and defined expectations, specifically quality. The individual will utilize project management best practices such as collaborating with project team staff to prepare meeting agendas and materials as well as documenting the outcomes of discussions/ key working decisions and ensuring follow-up actions are assigned and completed.
Under the general direction of the Director of Compensation, Data Analysis and HRIS, the Senior HRIS Analyst will:
- Work with HR stakeholders, CSU campus subject matter experts (SMEs)/ campus users, CMS and IT to maintain, clarify or update HR business rules to apply to development and/or production.
- Work with CMS/IT to translate the outcomes into functional HCM system requirements and other HR documents. (For CHRS Recruiting, configure system based on approval of final recommendations.)
- Participate in development of project plans, risk mitigation and proactive issue resolution.
- Lead and coordinate business and process improvement efforts and projects related to data maintenance and integrity of employment, pay, benefits and leave information within multiple HR Systems (PIMS, CIRS, Oracle/PeopleSoft, etc.), often developing new approaches and solutions.
- May participate in system testing.
- Plan and host meetings; document discussions and present key decisions/ recommendations to campus, CMS/IT and SWHR.
- Provide support for HR systems, to include researching and resolving or coordinating the resolution of system problems, unexpected results or process flaws.
- Ensure security of HR information through established security protocols.
- Prepare reports for data contained in the HR systems.
- Assist with the development of training and documentation of system modules for administrators and end users.
- Analyze HR business processes applicable and make recommendations for improvements via the use of technology.
- Participate in defining specifications, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports, and procedures for HR systems users to ensure efficient business processes, either in collaboration with campus, SWHR or campus.
- Resolve HR systems issues and act as "troubleshooter" for and with SWHR departments.
- Communicate systems updates and stay informed of initiatives and policy/process changes. Work closely with Standardization teams, researching and analyzing issues Maintain knowledge of current trends and strategies in technology fields relating to HR systems.
- Be privy to, and consistently utilize sensitive and highly confidential data related to collective bargaining activities/ grievance processing. Such information would include, but is not limited to data used in collective bargaining and other related activities; and may process and administer information contained in case files for PERB unfair labor practice cases, and contract grievance arbitration cases.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related functional area or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5 - 7 years' of demonstrated experience working with HRIS software and systems in a fast-paced, demanding and evolving environment.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft HCM modules or equivalent ERP and data warehouse tools (administration and reporting).
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems such as PageUp is highly preferred.
- Experience with Query Manager and Business Intelligence operational knowledge is highly desired.
- Ability to gather and analyze large data sets, propose and present concise recommendations to large user-groups and a variety of stakeholders.
- General understanding of the development implementation life cycle, including; requirements gathering, gap analysis, application configuration, functional specifications, system integration, reporting functions, product enhancement and support.
- Experience in developing and designing technology systems (e.g. databases). Experience using collaborative software such as SharePoint.
- Highly proficient in developing complex reports using Excel (pivot tables, lookup formulas, graphs, etc.) with and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices in a university environment is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines and able to prioritize per business need.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of clients and outside consultants and vendors.
- Must have advanced technical writing and editing skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively, and the ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be systems savvy with the ability easily adapt to a changing environment and shifting priorities.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and understanding of applications such as Word, Excel (Advanced user), Access, Power Point, Visio and Microsoft Project and/or possess the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Resumes will be accepted until September 20, 2019 or until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this posting:
Click 'Apply Now'
Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Select to apply with resume
Upload one file containing resume. If you would like to include a cover letter, please include it with the resume in one document.
Provide contact information and verify application information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)' in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Chancellor's Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency