Job Title: Medical Receptionist / Patient Care Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non exempt
Reports to: Practice Manager
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for greeting and providing a professional reception to patients, answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, registering patients, providing information, and collecting payments. In addition, the receptionist is responsible for a variety of clerical duties including: creating, maintaining, and filing patient charts, distributing reports, and sorting and distributing mail/faxes.
- Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs nursing staff of patient arrivals.
- Obtains new patient demographics; updates patient information, in Intergy to maintain accuracy for billing.
- Obtains insurance information; may require verification by contacting insurance companies.
- Collects all co-pays and balances.
- Reviews all encounter forms for accuracy and completion.
- Schedules return appointments at check out. Confirms future patient appointments.
- Tallies day sheet at closing ensuring the days total receipts match the days transactions and completes deposit slips.
- Files charts.
- Assist the telephone operator as needed throughout the day.
- Maintains clean and orderly waiting area including reading material.
- Conducts self in accordance with GSU’s employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Word processing and computer experience.
- Medical terminology helpful.
- Minimum of one year work experience in customer service.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Education/Requirements: *
- High school graduate or GED.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work may be stressful at times due to busy office.
- Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
- Work may require hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation.
- There may be excessive standing while at the check-in counter.
- There may also be occasional lifting of supplies up to 20lbs.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morristown, NJ (Preferred)