Strategy and Market Insights Manager
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As the Strategy and Market Insights Manager you will lead the development and implementation of business opportunities or marketing campaigns for assigned area. You will identify and implement business development projects or marketing campaigns relating to new products, technologies, or services. You will identify new market opportunities and determine potential impact/feasibility relative to existing product development or marketing activities. You will perform economic analysis on new opportunities and/or business models and coordinate with internal departments and external partners in identifying, developing and implementing business pilots. You will manage and oversee the commercial process to transition opportunities or campaigns to sales execution and ensure successful implementation across the organization (i.e. sales, marketing, product development, etc.). You will work with sales, marketing and external customers to identify market trends and develop overall commercial objectives and long range goals of the assigned area.
You should possess a specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Your duties are varied and complex often involving business research, analysis and solution development. You will provide direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting commercial strategic direction. You should also possess and will apply a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field or business function. You will be the commercial subject matter expert. You will plan, conduct and oversee work involving the largest and most important commercial/complex projects. You will not supervise but will provide direction to team on commercial projects and assignments. You will work with minimum supervision and review progress with management.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Responsible for developing strategic direction for US Diabetes Care business. Assesses sources of growth, new market trends, competitive activity, and business analytics data and insights to advance the objectives, goals, and strategies of the US Diabetes Care business. Provides recommendations to redirect current strategic areas of focus to optimize growth and meet business objectives.
2. Work with Senior Leaders in the development of the Commercial OGSM (Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures) that guides the annual tactical plans (Green Sheets) for the Commercial Teams. Assess metrics and analytics for insights to drive the development/support/modification of strategies and tactics to attain organizational goals.
3. Leads the development of the long range business plan to include market assessment, business growth opportunities, portfolio contribution and overall alignment to goals. Assess metrics and analytics for insights to drive the development of strategies and tactics to attain organizational goals.
4. Responsible for identifying market research to gain business, customer insights and information needed for achievement of business goals. Works collaboratively with Customer, Channel, and Global Marketing to understand/identify customer insights, requirements, & preferences for product features/design and marketing strategies.
5. Responsible for monitoring the key metrics related to sales and marketing programs and for making recommendations to management on program effectiveness.
6. Create and drive strong linkage to other functional areas, business areas, and global colleagues, to ensure achievement of objectives with successful stakeholder management. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and other key external individuals.
7. Ensure the Roche quality policy is understood, implemented, and maintained. Assist the director in quality planning to drive continuous improvements and changes of the quality system to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or related business or scientific field.
- 8 years of business development, marketing or equivalent work experience (i.e. consulting)
- Proficient in new business opportunity analysis, as well as product, market environment, and value creation.
- Strong financial modeling knowledge and previous experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 8 years of progressive sales and marketing experience or equivalent work experience, with significant demonstrated experience in strategy.
- Three to five years of previous management or supervisory experience.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > MarketingIndianapolis
- Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.