We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Cafe Manager for our upcoming Berlin, Ma location! We seek an inspirational leader who can help build a strong and well developed team, ensure unequaled quality and consistent delivery of product, engages our customers, and can run a clean, organized and profitable Cafe
Responsibilities and essential job functions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistent involvement with delivery of our food and beverages, distinguish the highest quality standards as normative.
- Provide ongoing coaching and training
- Administer health and safety guidelines
- Ensure all store equipment is regularly maintained and calibrated. Respond to equipment issues in a timely fashion;
- Demonstrate that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency and lead team in serving customers as a priority above other tasks.
- Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff to ensure that all team members work effectively together to provide superior customer service, while simultaneously monitoring labor costs.
- Ensure that cleanliness and organization are a priority for team and that standards for cleanliness and organization are exceeded.
- Keep proper stock levels in place and perform regular inventories. Must have some familiarity with monitoring food costs.
- Recognize and respond to performance issues, with honest and direct communication, enforce disciplinary guidelines and document when necessary
- Conduct ongoing recruiting and hiring of high quality team members;
- Ensure the accuracy, completion and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operation of point-of-sale terminals according to the Cash Handling Guidelines;
- Maintain social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the Cafe. Respond to complaints or negative reviews diplomatically with the paramount goal of customer satisfaction always.
To be successful, a candidate must have:
Availability to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to create a positive work environment and demonstrate excellent customer service;
- Ability to Prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure;
- Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate;
- 2-5 years of Management experience. Food/beverage experience preferred;
If you love cafe culture and are motivated, experienced and enthusiastic, then please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year