At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position will offer a long term deployment to a foreign country. Expected time in country - 2 years.
Lockheed Martin's Training & Logistics business area delivers training and simulation technologies, as well as live training, to defense and civil customers worldwide. Lockheed Martin's advanced flight training services provide training to military aviators, commercial pilots and astronauts. For our F-35 Pilot Training and ALIS Programs this important work can provide some very interesting challenges and opportunities for both former Military Aviators and IT professionals who are interested in overseas assignments.
Database Administrator for F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for Turkish Air Force at Malayta, Turkey.
The selected individual will have daily Customer interface activities. She/he will be responsible to assure that the ALIS system is functioning to support required repair operations.
The Database Administrator for repair unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
Accompanied Status Available:
Accompanied status means new hires may have their dependents accompany them on their long-term overseas assignment.
Relocation and housing assistance is available for this exciting international assignment.
In addition to the following:
- Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance,
- Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration and database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & Verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to Multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance (last investigation within 5 years) and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
8) Able to withstand extreme weather conditions in varying climates.
9) Able to lift and carry 100+ pounds for 25 or more yards.
10) Travel outside the local region is anticipated and will include CONUS and other locations (ship or shore) in support of requirements.
11) Must meet all medical, dental and overseas screening requirements as directed by the local commander if ordered to deploy.
12) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
12) Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
13) Successful candidate must be capable of passing medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
14) Must be capable of obtaining and retaining DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
In addition to the skills above:
- Active airbase ALIS experience..
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding international environment, communicating complex technical issues to a Customer who is using a second language.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
9) Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.