As part of the NBC Sports Internship program, the Information Technology (IT) Intern will support the IT staff that supports the Studio facility in Stamford, CT for Sports, including during regular business hours and studio show hours as well as the larger remote productions. The intern will also connect with other groups who plan IT infrastructure for upcoming sports, support servers and networking support. This is an exciting opportunity for the technically minded individual who embraces a fast paced dynamic environment.
Set up computers for new hires
Assist in ongoing IT projects such as but not limited to user migrations and software installation
Assist users with computer issues and problems
Other projects related to IT infrastructure for upcoming events as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Needs to be able to work on-site in Stamford, CT
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2nd, 2018
- Spring Program Dates: January 14th – May 10th, 2019
- Previous work experience in an office environment
- Previous internship experience
- Microsoft Office applications and navigate networks to organize files structures as directed
- Students majoring Computer Science or Information Technology are highly preferred
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.