- High School Diploma or GED
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for performing routine tasks to ensure the cleanliness of assigned areas of the facility.
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Director of Environmental Services
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUBORDINATES: None
- Preferably a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in an appropriately lighted and ventilated environment. May work in cramped areas. This position may result in your being exposed to blood/body fluids.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required—bending, stooping, turning, stretching, reaching above the shoulders and occasional lifting are involved.
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift heavy materials related to position.
- Dusts halls, offices, resident rooms, recreation rooms, lounges, etc. according to assigned unit.
- Washes walls, windows, window frames, tiles, door frames, and other high areas.
- Refills toilet supply containers, soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Cleans bowls, sinks, walls, exposed pipes, etc.
- Keeps housekeeping storage closets in good order and locked at all times.
- Moves furniture, equipment, housekeeping supplies, etc. as needed.
- Requests supplies as needed and maintains all material in adequate supply and in properly marked containers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May be required to operate cleaning equipment such as buffing machines, vacuums, etc.
- Presents a neat appearance with a pleasant speaking voice and personality. Must be punctual.
- Works with a minimum of supervision.
- Discusses any problems, needs or concerns which arise with the Administrator.
- Attends in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and a positive image throughout the facility.
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values and mission statement; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Understands and upholds Residents’ Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential.
- Understands responsibilities concerning infection control, safety, accident and fire prevention.
- Assumes responsibility in supporting the Housekeeping Supervisor in promoting and maintaining positive employee relations and effective communications among facility staff.
Job Type: Part-time
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- New Milford, CT (Preferred)