The Minnesota Department of Transportation’s (MnDOT) Metro Office located in Roseville, is hiring for a Communications & Engagement Program Administrator position. As the Communications & Engagement Program Administrator, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of communication strategies and tactics for specific communication programs and initiatives that support Metro district construction and maintenance, aimed at both internal and external audiences.
- Be responsible for recognizing issues and opportunities when they arise in order to develop and execute an integrated, multi-media communication approach.
- Manage budgets for and oversee the work of marketing, communications and engagement consultants.
WHY CHOOSE MNDOT?
In your position as the Erosion Control Technician, you will experience the accomplishments of working in a profession that will provide office and out in the field experiences working on projects alongside other passionate colleagues in this field. Additionally, we offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Training opportunities and more!
A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Urban Studies, Planning or a related field AND five years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Experience using customer-centric data to develop and implement strategic communications efforts
- Writing using Associated Press Style for a wide variety of media, including newspapers, radio and television, web and social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- Crisis communications and issues management.
If advanced to the finalist pool, in addition to the preceding minimum qualifications, you will be assessed on the following criteria during a job interview:
- Human Relations skills sufficient to build constructive relationships and work cooperatively with internal and external customers while knowing when to compromise and when to pursue a specific course of action.
- Oral communication skills sufficient to clearly and concisely communicate information; provide training and coaching; deliver effective presentations; and to advise others such as customers, stakeholders and the public of departmental policies and procedures.
- Written communication skills sufficient to write clearly and concisely to communicate information, using Associated Press Style and writing for a variety of media, including websites, business publications, and social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter).
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Knowledge of MnDOT’s program, policies and operations.
- Experience managing program budgets.
- Experience writing and managing contracts.
- Experience in building brand awareness and loyalty through effective marketing strategies.
APPLY ONLINE BY 10/4/2018:
1. Go to mn.gov/mmb/careers/
2. Click “External Applicants”
3. On the Keyword search box, enter the Job Opening ID 26246 and click Search
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting, then click Apply
5. When prompted for your Referral Source, list: Other – Indeed
**Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers/ will be considered**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.30 to $38.75 /hour