ASRC Federal InuTeq provides information security, enterprise architecture, software development and health IT solutions to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. We are seeking a Linux System Administrator to support a DoD contract in San Diego, CA
The Linux System Administrator is an integral part of the client's technology platform (Defense Research Engineering Network (DREN) and Secret Defense Research Engineering Network (SDREN)), owning the day-to-day operations and management for their production environment comprised of various components, including the hardware, networking, and OS layers.
- General Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Schedule and perform regular systems maintenance.
- Write and maintain bash and perl automation scripts.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise in production.
- Develop solutions in response to customer and user needs.
- Work with team members to integrate with other IT systems
- Attend meetings with the customer to understand requirements, change requests, and defect reports.
- Provide technical guidance, recommendations, and resolutions.
- Strong experience in any of the following Linux disciplines: Apache, BIND, Sendmail, Dovecot, MySQL, OpenLDAP.
- Experience with Virtualization, preferably VMWare products.
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, preferably DELL SANs.
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments.
- Knowledge of DoD Security Policies.
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various ports and protocols.
- Must have a current CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance and be eligible for a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 professional systems administration experience in a Linux and/or Windows data center environment.
In addition to Linux, Windows and MAC OS system administration experience would be a strong plus.
Experience with Network tools/protocols would be a strong plus:
- Firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs.
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Server Monitoring.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/system issues.
- CAC-authentication and 2-factor authentication.
- System tools and services, e.g. SPLUNK, SYSLOG, Scans, filesystems.
- Knowledge of log collection and management using Splunk
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and ConfluenceASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled