Ketchum is looking for a Senior Account Executive, Influencer Strategy in our NY office!
About the Job
Ketchum Influencer connects brands with impactful social influencers across all social channels, niches and verticals. Executing influencer programs is a delicate balance between art and science and our expert team assists brands in finding the perfect equilibrium in the digital space. We take great pride in having been pioneers in this space and are constantly re-inventing to pace with the growth and rapid change in this dynamic industry.
Our audience first approach begins with a deep dive into the target demographic to ensure our strategy aligns with where the audience consumes content and from which types of influencers. We have deep relationships with the top influencer agents, managers, and publicists, as well as state of the art influencer identification tools and technology allow us to identify target-right influencers for any campaign or brand.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is extremely hard- working and responsible; someone who is digitally savvy, self-motivated, resourceful, culturally aware, and shows enthusiasm for the business. He/she is knowledgeable of popular culture, has a strong understanding of influencer and blogger landscape and is enthusiastic about social media influencers as well (from YouTube stars to Instafamous cats to tweens with millions of followers on Musical.ly).
- Provide high value counseling and consulting for both internal and external clients.
- Evaluate risk and counsel clients about alternatives.
- Research and provide suggestions of appropriate influencer/ talent and entertainment opportunities for Ketchum client projects as directed by the teams.
- Draft and negotiate talent and entertainment contracts coordinating with team members, talent representation and Ketchum legal.
- High level of professionalism, ability to talk to and present to senior level clients.
- Work with team members to manage and facilitate payment of talent.
- Have strong relationships with talent agents, managers and publicists.
- Monitor and keep abreast of industry news and trends report updates to team.
- Create and manage project budgets when required.
- Monitor internal status of jobs and due dates; advise senior team members of developments; verify billing accuracy.
- Facilitate and coordinate various talent needs; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Significant experience and comfort-level with negotiating business points in PR and Advertising contracts
- Ability to follow the budgeting and billing procedures required by Ketchum and our clients
- Able to recommend programs and formulate contracts that include all aspects of a program including social media, online content, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, marketing or a related field preferred
- Three to five years of experience in public relations, brand management and/or influencer marketing field in an agency or a non-agency setting
- Comfort and familiarity in social and digital marketing; Knowledge of various social media tools and programs; monitors and reads online/ news and blogs daily
- Excellent writing skills required
- Knowledge of pop culture; Demonstrable engagement with popular culture and understanding of influencer and blogger landscape
- Experience seeing influencer partnerships through from start to finish
- Experience working with or vetting talent and/or influencers
- Strong media pitching, presentation and communication/ writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented with proven ability to multitask to manage priorities
- Results driven with a focus on delivering excellent client service
- Experience with Influencer tools such as Tap Influencer and Tagger a plus
- Legal related experience a plus IND13
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.