This Retail Development Consultant position is a marketing and sales strategy role for the Building Construction Products (BCP) division, which requires the individual to apply previous field experience and knowledge of process improvement methodologies to improve the dealer’s retail presence, marketing and sales capabilities and overall customer experience. The incumbent is a liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. Incumbent is very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Incumbent is accountable for:
- Develop, and support the CI Retail Growth Business Case (OIA) for all Dealers in territory; ensure Dealers make progress on their retail transformation
- Work to create, develop and modify future Dealer Leadership Table Business cases, support leadership table members and work to govern Dealer’s business cases.
- Identify, analyze and resolve marketing and sales distribution needs and problems in assigned discipline/territory.
- Position performs complex analytical work, identifies and resolves problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature.
- Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering business results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
- Incumbents will work directly with other Caterpillar enterprise partners, dealers, customers, and possibly, suppliers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization.
Responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, etc.
Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs. Incumbents may provide direction to less experienced personnel.
Consultants will direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes.
Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned territory or industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis techniques, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities.
Candidates must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
Responsible for territory business targets:
PINS, Participation, New Customer Growth, Attachment Growth
Use Cost to Serve theory and methodology to help Dealers reduce cost burden, and grow their business profitably
Identifying, developing and refining Dealer best practices
10+ years of progressive sales, marketing, or [construction] industry experience
Dealer or direct sales experience
Strong project management experience
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
6-Sigma Black Belt or PMP Certification
Prior retail channel, rental or a product support experience a plus
Strong negotiation skills
Familiarity with Dealer marketing and sales operations
Demonstrated cross organization leadership position fostering a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside the company
Proven ability to work with diverse, multi-functional teams, and across business units
Self-driven, motivated, ability to work independently
Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously
Strong communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Ability to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders throughout the organization
Work location (including WFH) may be flexible
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
- United States-North Carolina-Cary
- Marketing / Sales / Product Support