Liberty University is seeking faculty to teach online Business Coursework in areas of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Project Management, Data Analytics, Management, Leadership, and Human Resources. If you are an experienced professional who has the academic credentials to teach, along with the desire to prepare students for the critical thinking needed to launch a career, obtain a promotion, or begin a career in a new field – we invite you to apply. Work with us and be part of preparing students to prepare them to be Champions for Christ in their chosen field. Classes are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as the opportunity to chair doctoral research. For every level of degree program, there are a wide variety of courses that may fit your academic and professional experiences. Multiple positions are available. Classes are offered in an asynchronous format, with some courses offered in an 8-week format and others offered in a 16-week format. Class assignments are done only at the request of the faculty member, with no minimum number of class assignments required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. It is expected that an online faculty member will model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal spiritual formation within a biblically informed Christian worldview. The candidate must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University.
2. Adjunct Faculty Member will be responsible for teaching courses as assigned. Faculty will take advantage of teaching moments and opportunities using weekly announcements and emails. The professor will also carry out various administrative tasks as dictated to them by their Instructional Mentor, the Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Chairs, and other department administrators. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades.
3. Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
4. Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
5. Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
6. Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and aiding absent students.
7. Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
8. Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
9. Strictly adheres to Liberty University policies, representing the University in an exemplary manner.
10. Works effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU’s mission.
11. Other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Credentials, and Competencies
We are seeking adjunct online faculty who have earned a graduate degree or doctorate in a business discipline. To teach at the baccalaureate level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline with experience desired. Relevant certifications are considered.
To teach at the Master’s or Doctoral level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related business discipline and hold a related, conferred terminal degree.