Attention New Graduate RN Candidates:
This is for the Winter 2019 Internship Program that
will begin in February .
Priority consideration will be given to those that apply prior to September 1, 2018 with interviews beginning early to mid September.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, NC offers internships in many areas including Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Critical Care, ED, Behavioral Health, and Women & Children. The next step is to complete the application. You will be able to choose your top three areas of interest from a dozen different internships offered.
As you complete your New Grad RN application with New Hanover Regional Medical Center, we would like to invite you to participate in an On Demand recorded video interview. By actively participating in the video interview process, you have the ability to bring life to your resume and infuse your personality into your application. Please copy this link into the web address bar in a separate window for directions.
Thanks very much for your participation.
The Professional Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Nurse Manager. The RN has responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care. The RN communicates and coordinates the patient's care in an interdisciplinary model. The RN manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN applies critical thinking skills to resolve problems. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. The RN demonstrates leadership to other members of the team as a resource nurse, mentor, coach and delegator of nursing care activities. The RN assumes accountability for his or her own ongoing learning needs and competency. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient's needs for this episode of care
2. Coordinates and communicates patient care needs for discharge planning in patient care conferences and with members of the health care team.
3. Develop and implement an individualized plan of nursing care with the patient and family that will address the patient and family identified needs and concerns
4. Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes
5. Implements and evaluates the patient's response to care through assessment and reassessment and updates the plan of care
6. Provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols
7. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Demonstrates leadership by providing information as a resource nurse, mentor and coach
9. Demonstrates critical thinking skills for problem solving and anticipating patient care needs.
10. Documents assessments, delivery of care and patient's response to care in the medical record
11. Provide information and facilitates patient/family teaching.
12. Participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve processes and outcomes
13. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning needs, completion of annual education requirements and competencies.
14. Demonstrates the Standards of Performance for Ownership, Communication, Compassion and Teamwork
15. Models and reinforces Service and Operational Excellence on the unit at all times and shall serve as a resource for staff with questions about Service and Operational Excellence.
16. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of the medical center on a daily basis.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, either through an AD, Diploma or BSN program.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. BCLS required and certification in departmental specialty preferred.
3. Experience: Experience preferred.
RN – Nationwide