Indeed Hireis partnering with Frontier Behavioral Health in search of a Registered Nurse (RN) - Stabilization Services to join their team!
Frontier Behavioral Health (FBH) is a nonprofit organization that has been serving the Spokane region for more than 100 years. FBH has approximately 500 staff at more than a dozen locations throughout Spokane County and serves about 12,000 clients per year.
FBH is dedicated to providing high quality behavioral health services in the Spokane region to adults, youth, families, and elders, as well as crisis response and hospital diversion services. In addition, FBH operates two 16-bed inpatient Evaluation and Treatment facilities and a 16-bed Stabilization program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- RN licensed in the state of Washington.
- Experience working in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise or training in assessment, evaluation or triage skills.
- Working knowledge of psychotropic medications, their uses and side effects.
- WAC requirements for a Mental Health Professional preferred.
- Night shift: 11PM-7AM
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Effective communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Must have a car available or transportation acceptable to FBH.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide direct treatment services in an inpatient setting to adults who are experiencing serious and chronic mental disorders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medication assessment, evaluation and management to clients with persistent mental illness.
- Act as a gatekeeper for Psychiatrist/ARNP schedule to ensure consumer access to appointments as needed.
- Provide follow-up appointment availability for consumers between psychiatrist/ARNP.
- Ensure that pertinent medication related information is conveyed to hospital staff in the event of consumer hospitalization.
- Schedule face-to-face meeting with consumers within 24 working hours of discharge.
- Demonstrate positive leadership and goal oriented productivity.
- Maintain the security of medication room by following FBH medical services protocol and procedures.
- Provide liaison and coordination between psychiatric services, PCP's, and clients in regard to medical issues.
- Provide clinical direction, consultation, and training to licensed practical nursing staff as defined by nursing standards of practice, and as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet minimum direct service percent time as defined by management.
- Develop referral sources with appropriate agencies.
- Assist in development and delivery of client education in the form of classes, groups and trainings.
- Maintain and enhance customer service to ensure that both external and internal customers of FBH have a positive experience of FBH.
- Comply with all state WAC requirements and FBH policies and procedures.
- Perform SMH charting requirements, correspondence, SALs and other paperwork in a complete and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all FBH staff.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
- The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting which may involve sitting and use of computers for four to eight hours per day. May be required to lift 10 - 20 pounds. Work may be performed out of office and travel may be needed to outside areas.
- Blood-borne Pathogen Category I - Chance of exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Job Type: Full-time
- psychiatric setting: 1 year (Required)
- inpatient nursing: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) in Washington (Required)